Building a canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There is someone selling blueprints with parts and a cost list on e-bay. I don't have $900 for a light so i'm thinking of building my own. Has anyone done this? Do they actually work? The drawings are all done on AutoCad and look pretty good. He claims they are modeled after the Halcyon lights.

Try doing a search here on the board and you'll find hundreds of threads on DIY canister lights. The question has been asked so many times I can't keep track of them all.

The MSN group link Hilk posted above is my site. Feel free to look around, it's all free and you can find everything you need to build your own light including pictures, instructions and links to sites for parts. Why pay someone for the plans when you can get all the information you need for free?

Good luck and post some pictures of the light so we can see how things turnd out.

BTW this is my latest creation. A 10watt HID with a 3 1/2 hour burn time. It's been tested to 130 feet so far and has worked perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom