Bugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never heard of the Termacell devise. I will have to order one for my back patio. I swear by using Natrapel wipes, or anything with Picaridin as the active ingredient. I just use it on my knees down, since that is where I tend to get bitten if I forget to use a repellent. Additional bonus, no odor.

A Thermacell might work pretty well on a patio in Bonaire. I'm not sure how you're supposed to travel with that kind of device, as it has a rechargeable battery in it.

@morecowbells , not a big deal but be aware that there are still warnings on the Thermacell about using them around food.

Last week: Deet 40% and long pants and high socks when going out for dinner. Worked out fine mostly.

I stay close to my wife; she is like a zinc anode, and the mosquitoes prefer her to me.

Must be an EE or a boater with that reference. Me an EE.
Oceanographer and ME.

We are here in Bon as I type this. Been here since Friday and staying till next Monday.... I have to say that this trip is the least "buggiest" trip in all of our 15+ Bon trips over the past 25 years... I think it might be that we currently have had some partial wind reversal from the typical East to West pattern.... Today we went down to dive Vista Blue and it was blown out and totally undivable.... Pretty much everything south of White Slave would have been tough if not impossible today...

Otherwise the diving had been great so far! Water temp is a steady 80 - 81 on my computer. Topside has been nice dry breeze. Yesterday did Oil Slick, Tolo and Weber's Joy in the north

Our Villa up in Sabadeco is right on the Andrea I site with our own steps to the beach..... Real handy if someone just gets a wild hair and wants to get a dive in...

PS....When we got to Tolo (which I seem to remember used to be called "Ole Blue') divers coming out of the water said they were getting jelly stings....but they were in shorties.... We went anyway with just full rashguards and no stings...

Vis has been descent. Better in the North... I'd guess 60-70 +

That's it for now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom