bugs bugs and more bugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was at Blue Hole this past weekend, conditions were amazing - water clear, I mean really clear, and the baffles were back in the overflow so water level was back up. I took the camera in on one dive and took a dozen or so shots of the crawfish...
I love those little bugs!!!
this one was about average size, 3" long I guess.

May06_crawfish21singleCP.JPG

robint
10 days til the Nekton!

VERY nice Robin!! I love it when the crowds are down.

I heard that Stella's compressor was down. Did that hurt you guys?

ABQdiver:
VERY nice Robin!! I love it when the crowds are down.

I heard that Stella's compressor was down. Did that hurt you guys?

Well that compressor looks like it was removed from a 1940's submarine! :D I hope they get it fixed (assuming it was down). I worry when things break in Santa Rosa cause I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that the place has much in the way of $$$ for fixing things!

robint:
I was at Blue Hole this past weekend, conditions were amazing - water clear, I mean really clear, and the baffles were back in the overflow so water level was back up. I took the camera in on one dive and took a dozen or so shots of the crawfish...
I love those little bugs!!!
this one was about average size, 3" long I guess.

Nice bug shot there Rob. So how much PS did THAT take to turn the puppy red like that, or did your UW flash do that well for you?

Maybe I will take some shots when we do Aurora. They have TONS of dads there, and they grow big, like I've seen them 6"+

RonFrank:
Well that compressor looks like it was removed from a 1940's submarine! :D I hope they get it fixed (assuming it was down). I worry when things break in Santa Rosa cause I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that the place has much in the way of $$$ for fixing things!

LOL!!!:lol3: Come on, its at least from the "late" 1940's!!

I saw a diver that was in the shop on Saturday. He had rented one tank each for his son and he to dive on Friday. They got one dive in, and then found out that the compressor was down.......

Not sure who's responsible for maintenance on the gear. My guess would be Stella.....

thanks everybody........... actually not much PS at all but it was cropped as
the original had 3 different bugs in to. I have an Oly c5050z camera, S&S YS90DX strobe so I had plenty of light (only real PS was to increase the contrast a bit and crop).

as far as the compressor goes, yeah, it sucked. We didn't find out until Sat morning
so we called our dive shop and they brought over more tanks. We were lucky. Another dive group from Denver couldn't do that so they made all their students do
two dives per tank! another group just went back home after tanks were empty. Stella wasn't even there and her hubby only showed up for 15 minutes to break the news to everyone. Grrrrrr.......... So no one could even rent tanks or gear which was
no big deal for us, but others got screwed!

robint

RonFrank:
Nice bug shot there Rob. So how much PS did THAT take to turn the puppy red like that, or did your UW flash do that well for you?

Maybe I will take some shots when we do Aurora. They have TONS of dads there, and they grow big, like I've seen them 6"+

Are we still on for Saturday at Auroa? PM me and we can make plans.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom