Budget friendly setup for amateur photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahmed Maharek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I have a gopro hero 6 that I use to take photos while diving,but I always have hard time in reproduction of photos regarding red color reduction , close ups (macro),and focus.

I want to purchasing a better setup mainly for stills and casual videos, I found this setup
Camera Sony Rx100 (original one)with Meikon underwater housing, is it any good and any other recommendations.

Regards

TG6 is a good budget friendly option. RX100 is also a good entry level if you find a camera+housing deal. UW Photography can get crazy expensive. You need to define how much you want to invest in it, then you can get better opinions on options. When you get into housings with ports, lens options, strobes, arms accessories it all starts adding up fast. If you want to keep it simple and cheap, get a housing for a camera without all the options for ports and interchangeable lenses. You can expand some with macro or WA adapters, and lighting, but it is a rabbit hole.

Budget friendly and Underwater Photography don't normally appear in the same sentence.

As mentioned above look at the Olympus TG6

TG6 is a good budget friendly option. RX100 is also a good entry level if you find a camera+housing deal. UW Photography can get crazy expensive. You need to define how much you want to invest in it, then you can get better opinions on options. When you get into housings with ports, lens options, strobes, arms accessories it all starts adding up fast. If you want to keep it simple and cheap, get a housing for a camera without all the options for ports and interchangeable lenses. You can expand some with macro or WA adapters, and lighting, but it is a rabbit hole.
Thank you for your reply actually TG6 plus the housing will cost around 700 USD while the used RX 100 first version plus housing that I have offer for it now is 300 USD, is Getting TG 6 setup worth it ?..thanks

Budget friendly and Underwater Photography don't normally appear in the same sentence.

As mentioned above look at the Olympus TG6
Unfortunately thats true but I am trying to reach a middle point i am just looking for taking a fine fun shoots with desent quality.

is Getting TG 6 setup worth it ?..thanks

Absolutely, the camera is waterproof and putting inside a housing gives you some great options for the future.

You can get some really nice shots with a naked TG 4, 5, or 6. You only need a housing if you are going deeper than 45'. If you're going to that depth you need to bring light, so your looking at $300 for a housing and $300+ for a strobe or video light.

From my TG-5,

First two are shallow no housing internal flash, second two are much deeper with an inon s200

PC260511.JPG
PC260545.JPG
P7050566.JPG
P7040435~2.JPG

You can get some really nice shots with a naked TG 4, 5, or 6. You only need a housing if you are going deeper than 45'. If you're going to that depth you need to bring light, so your looking at $300 for a housing and $300+ for a strobe or video light.

From my TG-5,

First two are shallow no housing internal flash, second two are much deeper with an inon s200

View attachment 676864 View attachment 676867 View attachment 676868 View attachment 676869
That is very helpful and very nice shoots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom