Budget Diving between Cairns and Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South West Rocks also looks fantastic but think Fish Rock (this seems to be the highlight?) would be a bit too claustrophobic for me - I much prefer a visible exit and looking at the dive maps the tunnel seems quite long and dark.
Don't left that stop you, I just dived there last week and it's incredible. Surrounded by sharks was an awesome experience too.

Don't left that stop you, I just dived there last week and it's incredible. Surrounded by sharks was an awesome experience too.

Hi Mike1967, thanks for your comment!

This thread is actually a bit old now and I've already completed my trip down the coast. Unfortunately, didn't make it out to South West Rocks as I couldn't get the public transport to match up in order to make it feasible without a car.

Will see if I can squeeze in a trip before my visa expires as it looks fantastic

Re: other suggestions on this thread - I did, however, have an amazing four dives on the SS Yongala in great viz and can also recommend Wolf Rock Dive in Rainbow Beach (grey nurse sharks, leopard sharks, eagle rays, bull rays, and mantas).

Too windy in Byron to make it out to Julian Rocks which was a shame (but another excuse to return to the NSW coastline!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom