Buddy Wanted - Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRambo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! A little bit of explanation - I'm originally from Santa Cruz, but moved down to San Luis Obispo for college, and recently (June) got certified in diving. I would really love to get a dive or two in while I'm home for the holidays, and seeing as how Friday the 27th is my birthday, I'd REALLY love to get a dive or two in during my time in Santa Cruz. Is there anyone in Monterey that would want to join up with me on a dive or two on Saturday or Sunday? All my life I've heard about how great Monterey diving is, and I look forward to someone showing me how it is up there.

I'm not going to lie, I am fairly new to diving. I've only done about 12 OW dives, so yes, I'm still learning the ropes. I don't believe myself to be overly arrogant or cocky, I'm generally much more of a cautious person - and that DEFINITELY extends into diving. I won't dive beyond my skill level, no matter who I'm with.

So, if anyone feels that they're up to being my buddy (and guide, if you will) to some Monterey diving, please let me know. I'd really like to go!

I would do it if I could, Rambo, but my son has a hockey tournament the 27th and 28th. I may be able to meet up with you on Sunday, though. I don't mind newbies, everyone's got to start somewhere and I'm getting yet closer to my 100th.

Sunday would work well for me too...I've got to get back down to SLO eventually that day, but any midday dives would work well for me, as long as I'm back in time to get up for work Monday at 5 :depressed:. Just let me know pacificgal...I'm itching to dive!

And just as a general fyi to everyone else, I've got all my own gear except the tank, and am definitely willing to help out with any costs associated with the day...

Send me a PM with your name and phone number, we'll work something out. You may be able to find someone else who can dive with you Friday or Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom