Buddy for Sat 2/4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need a dive buddy or just want to say hi, there will be quit a few of the North Coast divers meeting at the BW stairs at 9:00am. Anyone who needs a buddy is welcome to join up for the day. There are no fees or such. Never know they might take you to some of the infamous North Coast dive sites in the future. Unfortunately I am supposed to be the welcoming party this month but I am still pretty sick or I would be there. Jim will be there to greet everyone.

February 4th in Monterey at the Breakwater

I dive hp130s. Lemme know if you want to team up.

Hi Jak:

See you at the breakwater. I will be there around 8:30-9:00. I'll park in the upper lot with a gray Accord and roof racks. I dive 72cft tanks. Had an HP 120 a long time ago. No way I'm ever using one of those again. Tank is bigger than I am.

Claude

I'll be at the Breakwater tomorrow morning as well. Planning to do a few dives this weekend.

How are the conditions today? We're planning to head down tomorrow. Thanks much and happy diving!

Hi KLJ:

Brought two tanks but only did one dive at the breakwater. From Hwy 1 it looked absolutely peaceful. Underwater proved completely different. Visibility along the jetty maxed out at a cloudy 15 feet and there was a very strong surge present even at 40 feet. At one point, I got a good sense of what drift diving could be. Spoke to one diver that visited the Metridium fields and reported 30 feet so it may improve depending on your location. The water action at the shore line was pretty fierce and I saw quite a few get knocked down. Not so much a waves crashing over you, it's just the insane undertow that pulls you back as you're walking out of the water. Felt like walking with someone pulling you backwards with a bungee cord.
Breakwater.jpgDivers.jpg
Those that went off the boats probably had an easier time than we who went from shore. There was a huge number of divers with their equipment on the grass, just near the stairs. Weather wise, it was absolutely gorgeous with little wind, a high sun and clear skies.

Safe & Happy Diving

C.

How are the conditions today? We're planning to head down tomorrow. Thanks much and happy diving!

Dove Lobos... Lots of surge and wave action... tricky getting in and out because of a low tide and the waves. Best we had was 20ft vis at Cannery Pt weaving thry the walls near the Lone Metridium. It did calm down as the day went on... hope it calms down some more for you guys tomorrow.

Sorry guys. I was delayed getting out this morning and didn't get to breakwater till about 10:30 and didn't see anyone. Met up with a friend of mine though and got some great photos though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom