Buddy Dive Orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and the vast majority vaccinated,
How would you know that? Many divers value their "freedom."
I believe Bonaire is one of the safest dive destinations we have available to us right now.
Agree. I just spent a month there. Hard to come home to my real world.

How would you know that? Many divers value their "freedom."

I don't "know"--it's just a guess, based on the requirements for entry differentiating between vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. My guess is that divers who choose Bonaire over other destinations that have fewer or no testing or vaccination requirements for entry are the types who are happy to be vaccinated. I suspect that people who don't like the idea of vaccination and having to take multiple tests--all that intrusion on their "freedom"--would choose a destination with looser entry requirements, such as Mexico.

I took a bunch of KN95s on my trip last month and then never used them after leaving Atlanta. I realized that essentially everyone on my plane had been PCR-tested and the vast majority vaccinated, and besides, it's been said that aircraft ventilation and HEPA filtration makes the plane ride probably the safest leg of the overall journey. And once you arrive in Bonaire, there is no shortage of air circulation with buildings often being only partially enclosed. I believe Bonaire is one of the safest dive destinations we have available to us right now. Enjoy your trip!

Funny you say that. I flew to Hawaii in May. Long haul coming from East Coast. They feed you on a long flight, everyone takes off their masks to eat and drink. Not to be gross, but breathing, spittle, chewing, etc. I thought 'so much for all that masking, socially distancing, etc. '

We may all be on the same transfer van going to buddy dive. Too bad there’s not a secret scuba board sign or stickers for sale @The Chairman so we could identify each other.

you know what.... maybe I should make that board sign, then we can take a photo and post it on this forum to show everyone our lovely faces LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom