Buddies and Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is HQ printing howarde?

I think that there is not a real easy, lucrative market for UW for photography...like you said before Ron, we are spoiled with access to great images. I see guys that are amazing struggle. Even the the very best have a hard time. Extremely competitive. I did not take any deductions on it this year...thats always been the plan eventually though.

Howarde, those smallish prints, matted sell pretty well at Sam's in Palau.

catherine96821:
what is HQ printing howarde?
High Quality

catherine96821:
I think that there is not a real easy, lucrative market for UW for photography...like you said before Ron, we are spoiled with access to great images. I see guys that are amazing struggle. Even the the very best have a hard time. Extremely competitive. I di not take any deductions on it this year...thats always been the plan eventually though.
I think it entirely depends. I would bet that if you tried to sell to a souvenir store in HI, they may have interest. We sell souvenirs in FL, and pretty much anything with fish on it sells there. A few cool shots reasonably priced... matted and framed of course seem like they'd do ok. I'll send the pictures to Puff this week... and we'll get going on this project, so that I can share the results.

yes, the ABC market is like that here.... is Puff a printing connection?

catherine96821:
yes, the ABC market is like that here.... is Puff a printing connection?
If I was in your shoes (flip flops I bet) - I would just look for a good digital imaging place locally. Shipping that stuff back and forth to HI might kill any potential savings, in having a buddy do it for you. But Priority Mail from the USPS isn't that much. Do a few 8X10's and give it a whirl. Postcards is another idea that a friend of mine gave me. You can have postcards printed pretty inexpensively. Just take a cool shot, and Photoshop "HAWAII" on it and there you go.

hmmm, yea lisa is starting to do that.

catherine96821:
hmmm, yea lisa is starting to do that.
sharks-4-lg.jpg

But with Hawaii on the front?

Or turtles and/or Sharks... People love those.

howarde:
sharks-4-lg.jpg

But with Hawaii on the front?

Or turtles and/or Sharks... People love those.

This is rather off topic on the current thread, so I started a new thread with your name on it HOWARDE!

hey...where did that come from?....I just wanna be famous here on SB

Back
Top Bottom