Bubble rings you won't believe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hum. I'm not doubting the video, just confused about the physics of a bubble that doesn't go up.

Rick Inman:
Hum. I'm not doubting the video, just confused about the physics of a bubble that doesn't go up.
It goes up eventually, but it is forced out with a blast of water that propels it for a bit- at least that what happened with the reef sharks. Either that, or the video was filled sideways, like the old wall climbing scenes from the 70s movies. :D

That's pretty cool. Did you notice that the diver had to fill the beluga's mouth with bubbles before it could blow the ring? That's because the mouth doesn't connect to the lungs (it would have to learn to blow bubbles with its blow hole). I'm quite curious how reef sharks do this?

That's soooo cool! wonder how long it took for it to learn?

Silver_Diver:
I'm quite curious how reef sharks do this?
I was on a shark feeding in Key Largo... the handler would place sharks on top of diver's heads to pose for pictures. As the exhaust bubbles rose, I think they would get into the sharks mouth or gills and cause the shark to "sneeze" and expel a bubble ring.

Nice buoyancy control, baby baluga.

Your gear is all the wrong color (white??!!! c'mon) but I'm digging the trim.

---
Ken

do it easy:
I was on a shark feeding in Key Largo...

... and the fish bits were laced with Pinto Beans...

Back
Top Bottom