BSAC or PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I, personally, don't subscribe to the 'cold water' training must be better mentality. You will encounter this, I am sure. There are pros and cons to diving in any water environment and what matters is the quality of training, the quality of the instructor, and the divers individual mindset; in how they prepare for those conditions. From my personal experience, the divers who shouted loudest about the superiority of their training and experience (whether that is cold-water, or caves or whatever) tend to do so because of other, more personal and egotistical issues.

Fully support this statement, I've seen a number of 'experienced' divers get into trouble because of this attitude.

Regards

Thanks DevonDiver, That post was just the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to post..

Thanks also to Edward3c, The links where very useful and now bookmarked..

After much reading of Google'd pages last night and into the small hours this morning, I have decided to become a BSAC member. I can see the benefits of this being a total novice with only, one discover scuba, dive under my belt (no puns intended).
I have E-mailed the local club to see if I could call during their next meeting to see if we would fit in with the group. (fingers crossed).

At the moment I have not dismissed PADI all together, this may be a route my wife might prefer due to her work commitments and trveling abroad so much. She is so lucky, she is in the Maldives now.

Again thank you to all who have contributed to this thread.

Craig..

PS. To all forum members,, I was not aware of the politics between the recognised institutes within diving, I merely needed to know what would be best for my wife and I to become and continue to be recognised divers the world over. Thank you all for your patience.

Craig..

After much reading of Google'd pages last night and into the small hours this morning, I have decided to become a BSAC member. I can see the benefits of this being a total novice with only, one discover scuba, dive under my belt (no puns intended).
I have E-mailed the local club to see if I could call during their next meeting to see if we would fit in with the group. (fingers crossed).

Hi Craig,

Launched today an opertunity to get a dry suit at a good discount price. See here

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom