Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone recently stayed at Bruce Bowker's? My wife and I want to go to Bonaire in the fall (Sept/Oct) What kind of boats do they have? Any other comments would be great.
Thanks!

I did search and got some old posts but none for a while.

You might want to check out www. bonairetalk.com
I'm sure you will find useful info there.

We were there 24 Feb to 3 March.

We didn't do any boat dives, but saw that they have two boats.

You get tanks assigned to you and return them for fills - make sure you write down on the chalk board if you're doing a night dive - the shop closes at 5:00 - and will put out the marked tanks for you dive. Fills were done within 10 minutes of returning the tank(s) and fills were always above 3000 psi. You also have to record the weights you take. THe rinse tanks needed cleaning and the dive lockers are at the side, behind the rooms. There is a $10 deposit on a lock (return the lock get you $ back), but the lockers are small and muddy on the bottom, and not much ventillation. We decided to leave our BCs and regs in the shower in our room. THere are some lines for drying wetsuits and clothes.
It is within walking distance of downtown and Castus Blue (good restaurant). If you want the AC on all day, there is a $10 charge. We didn't, and only used it at the end of the day. THere is parking for your vehicle behind the Inn, just off the road. We enjoyed our stay and it was quiet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom