Brownish Yellow Discharge from ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottyroz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sounds like a textbook rupture of the ear drum but i figured i would post here and find out. My girlfriend just told me that she is experiencing this after we had logged 11 dives over the course of the weekend. She said her ears were bothering her a little bit over the weekend but was able to clear. I told her she needs to get to the doctors tomorrow to be sure. I am pretty much asking for my own curiosity.

Yup. Thats what it sounds like to me too. This happened to a buddy of mine. He had a pain in his ear that just kept getting worse. He saw a doctor and his ear was pricked and this stuff came out. He wasn't able to dive for a month and a half. Time needed for the ear to mend itself. He also had to cover the ear when taking a bath.

scottyroz:
Sounds like a textbook rupture of the ear drum but i figured i would post here and find out. My girlfriend just told me that she is experiencing this after we had logged 11 dives over the course of the weekend. She said her ears were bothering her a little bit over the weekend but was able to clear. I told her she needs to get to the doctors tomorrow to be sure. I am pretty much asking for my own curiosity.

Happened to me last year. Ear drops and four weeks of sitting on the shore. Have a Dr. look at it.

Told this was posted in the wrong forum. If a mod could move it for me i would appreciate it.

Turns out that my girlfriend did have a perforated ear drum her doc said 3 weeks to diving. I had her call DAN, they said have it checked out again in 3 weeks before diving if not healed wait 4-6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom