brownies hookah system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hello all and happynew year,
i am interested in thebrownies 60 ft single diver kayak setup but it says it doesnt come with 1st or 2nd stages ?are they selling a hose for 150 dollars what else is needed ?

I'm looking at purchasing the same thing for cleaning under boats. And yes, $150.00 is just for the hoses (and belt) on the brownies site. You can buy hookah hoses other places but they don't have all the fittings necessary to use on a 1st/2nd stage. They are designed to be connected to a compressor. I'm sure the fittings can be bought and assembled but don't know if I want to go through the trouble and then have something that doesn't work. As I understand it, I can use their hoses to replace my regulator hose, (one off first stage and one off reg.) and then snap in the extension between them. When I want to do regular dive, I can remove the extension. That way I don't have to buy another 1st stage and reg. I haven't ordered yet, still have a lot of questions and I'm having trouble finding much info regarding it online.

FYI, keep in mind that your off-the-shelf 2nd stage regs may (or may not) work with an air compressor. The 2nd stage regs that Brownie's sells are modified for use in a hookah system, as are the regs I use in the hookahs I build for myself. But standard SCUBA regs are not and I know plenty of divers who have had trouble trying to use them with hookahs.

Also, Brownies is as expensive as they get and use some plastic fittings in their hose assemblies that I wouldn't be caught dead with. It can pay to shop around. Brownies isn't the only game in town. I based the hookah I use off the Innovative Designs electrical rig. Check them out here:

supersnorkel.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom