Brother Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMELDA

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I am going to the Brother Islands in fifteen days, and I am interested in knowing something about the trip, for example: Are currents very strong? Are sharks dangerous? What kind of suit will I need, 3 mm, 5 mm?
If you can answer my questions, I would thank you.

Hi Imelda

The Brothers is some of the best diving I've done.

Did it mostly in a 3mm shorty but there are some thermoclines so might be wise to have a bit more if you have it.

Currents can be strong (12 people drifted for 11 hours last year) so carry a delayed SMB.

No night diving is allowed.

Most sharks there are fine but there are some Oceanic White Tips around that need respect and a watchful eye..

Corals and fish are spectacular - especially Little Brother.

Have a great time.

Hi Bathbiggles1.
First of all, thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to diving there, although I am a bit worried about sharks (and currents, of course). I have already dived with sharks in Roatán (Honduras), but it was a shark feeding and I was very calm; what scares me is meeting a shark face to face, I can´t imagine my reaction. Well, about the buoy, I always take it, I think it is a quite important thing.
Secondly, six o seven years ago, I visited Marlow and Little Marlow, near High Wicombe and Aylesbury (I don´t remember their names), and I liked them a lot. I remember the church in Little Marlow and a nice walk along the Thames.
Ok, thanks again. I will tell you something about Brothers when I go back, and... sorry for my English.

Hi again Imelda

Your English is great. I'm not sure of your nationality but I doubt thet I could speak your language.

One of the Spice Girls (Scary Spice) owned the house next to the Church at Little Marlow!

Really don't worry about the sharks at the Brothers. I am not aware of any instances of any of them being agressive and certainly not of anyone being hurt. They just swim past.

You will have a fantastic time.

Which liveaboard are you going on?

Hi again, Bathbiggles1

I am Spanish, I live in the north of Spain.
The liveaboard I am going on is the Gazala Voyager. Do you know it?
I wish sharks don´t see me!
Bye.

:cheering: Hello friends!
I have just come from the Brothers and I have to say that it is one of the most beautiful spots I have ever been. It was wonderful, I saw hammer sharks :jaws: , mantas, stone fish, dolphins, barracudas, turtles :turtle: ... and all kind of fish. The worst thing: the strong currents. If you have time to visit them, don´t hesitate and............. GO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom