Broke Old Housing Looking for new Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blureef1

New
Reaction score
I just went diving on the Great Barrier reef. While attaching my Olympus housing for my 5050 to my handle for my strobe, the metal bracket with threads on the bottom of the housing completely ripped out (right before our first dive of a 4 day trip of course). So now I am looking into whether or not I should buy a used housing for my older camera, or whether I should step up and buy a new camera and housing.

What are the popular cameras these days, and what kind of improvements have been made since I bought my 5050. Anyone think (for other than economic reasons) I should just buy a new housing for the 5050? Seems like the G9 is pretty popular. What would be the pro's and cons of buying new vs. sticking with the old. My strobe is an Inon D2000. I always liked the 5050 other than its shutter and zoom is kind of slow.

Thanks for any suggestions.

There are a lot of popular cameras available today. The G9 seems to be mentioned a lot and I use the Sea&Sea DX-1G (you can check out my pics by clicking on my "view gallery" link). What you get depends on how much money you want to invest. I think that both a G9 and DX-1g system will cost about the same. They both take great pictures.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom