Brockville, incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingTim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
From what I understand, a woman diving in the St Lawrence river (thursday July 9), had a uncontrolled ascent from 150', I myself was on a different charter boat drifting off the Daryaw wreck and heard the diverdown alert over the radio after boarding. When the woman, was picked up from the water, she was not breathing, and foaming at the mouth, thats pretty much all I know at this point other than a different charter boat had picked her out of the water, started cpr and administered oxy, and by the time we had got back to the dock, the woman was breathing and somewhat alert (thank god), and taken away by ambulance.

Since her uncontrolled ascent was from 150 feet, was this on the Jodrey?

I find the current has been ripping at some sites in the St Lawrence river this year. Fast current, lower viz, and cooler water due to all the cool weather and rain. More challenging than usual. Hope she's ok...

No not at the Jodrey, is was at a rock wall, what they call the "king", I have never dove there (beyond my experience level) and is just a few minute boat ride, west of Centine park.

Postings on the local board say that the woman is fine and probably owes her life to "Sea&Sky" charter who made the rescue.

According to what I've head, Seeway Vision succesfully rescued a dive victim off the Lillie Parsons... Ontario Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom