Brisas in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brisas is a nice hotel and a good value with a very nice and large pool. Rooms have plenty of space with tile flooring, good air conditioning and firm but not uncomfortable beds. It is across the street from the ocean so there are no ocean front rooms in case that was a priority for you. Most rooms do look out on their very nice pool area with palm trees though so the room views are enjoyable. Brisas is a short walk from downtown which makes it easy to hike into town for food, drinks and shopping whenever you want without having to snag a taxi. They have a tunnel going under the street to their Beach Club which has a bar and grill along with beach chairs and access to the ocean for swimming, snorkeling and diving. The food at Brisas may be good but the food at the local resturants in town is so good and easy to get to that I've never bothered to eat at the hotel other than grabbing a bananna or pastry on my way out the door to the dive boat in the mornings.

Dive Paradise is a good and well regarded dive operation. Yes most of their boats would be referred to as "cattle boats" by some folks but don't think this automatically translates to a mediocre or bad dive experience. The boats tend to have ample space so there is room to relax and hang out between dives. With more divers on the boat there are more fellow divers to meet and compare notes with each day so you can potentially make more friends and get more feedback and suggestions on dive sites, resturants and shops that they have explored. Dive Paradise is one of the if not the largest overall dive operator on the island and they have not been able to sustain this level of business by dissappointing customers.

If you want to go to Coz, have some fun dives on interesting sites with friendly divemasters you should enjoy Dive Paradise. If you want to maximize your bottom time per tank, diving more aggressive and off the beaten path sites in smaller groups matched up for their air consumption and diving ability then it is worth your while to look into more specialized dive operators.

Have a great trip!

plmbrok,

will be at brisas 12/4 - 12/8, we are diving with Living Underwater, this will be my 4th trip to Coz, if you need any info contact me.

Katydvr,

This is my 15 th trip. First time at at Brisas. Brought classes in past winters to do check out dives.
This one is just for fun. My fiancee & I would be happy to share a meal or drinks with you and/or yours. Drop me an e mail at Rramsey7@austin.rr.com, if you would like to meet.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom