Brisas in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plmbrok

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have trip information experience in recent months (6) for Brisas or Dive Paradise. We will be at Brisas from Dec. 6th throught the 13th.

Good or bad, all helpful

Thank you in Advance

plmbrok once bubbled...
Does anyone have trip information experience in recent months (6) for Brisas or Dive Paradise. We will be at Brisas from Dec. 6th throught the 13th.

Good or bad, all helpful

Thank you in Advance

Dive Paradise is mostly a "cattle boat" operation, and my understanding is that you must pay extra to go out on their small boat(s). I have heard some folks say that they were forced onto DP's large boat because of lack of space on the small one(s).

If you'd rather go on a small boat, shop around; most if not all Coz dive ops will pick you up at Brisas.

I'm heading to Brisas and diving with Dive Paradise from the 18th to the 25th of October. I've stayed there twice in the past, and used DP both times.

In my experience, Dive Paradise offers two packages for the same price. Either two tanks in the morning and one in the afternoon on the cattle boat, or two tanks in the morning on a fast boat. (Six pack) I've used the cattle boats the last two times I've been there, and enjoyed myself immensely. Most cattle boats have plenty of room for lounging around during the transit, and during surface intervals. (Most have a sun deck) They also offer a nice snack in between dives. I'm using the fast boats this year, and I'll let you know how it went after I get back.

9 days!

I will be at Brisas 10/16-10/19. I will let you know when I return, this will be our first time for Brisas. I hear the beds are firm to hard, but what else in new for CZM. After 20 trips or more to CZM, I still find the best bed is Home!:)
Dive Paradise is a cattle boat.:(
Blue Angle is a great dive operator. Personal, fast boats and friendly. Only 1/2 mile south of Brisas. Will pick up at Brisas pier. (Brisas is across the road):)
:scuba:

I submitted a trip report covering Brisas and Dive Paradise.
If you do a search you will find it. but here a brief summary...
Brisas was nice and clean, drinks good, food not so great.
Very easy though to get back and forth to the beach and having the dive lockers and rinse tanks there on the premises was very nice. I thought Dive Paradise did an excellent job. I didn't mind
going with a larger group of people (usually around 12 of us),
I guess it all depends on what you like. Venture into town
though and try some of the local restaurants. We had some very good local food. Loved the salsa there!!!!!

Have fun diving! I am ready to go back!!!!!!!!!!!

...for 3 nights in June and 7 nights in Aug. Not sure what you'd specifically like to know, but I enjoyed my stays there. Breakfast and lunch was good--went to town for dinner. Drinks were plentiful and strong, all dive ops pick up from the pier, beach club is nice with easy access to the water, 1 pool at the beach club, and a huge pool and hot tub at the hotel, rooms were your standard hotel rooms, balconies had drying racks for gear, 20 minute walk or $3 cab ride to town. Feel free to PM me with any questions! :)

I've stayed at Brisas several times and would stay there again.

The beds aren't comfortable at all, but the AC is incredible. The amenities are nice and the staff is very friendly. DP's (ahem) slooow, multi-passenger boats ... are what they are. At least you can catch some sun or zzz while you sit. If you call "Bay Adventures" you can save some money on several packages compared to the internet price.

Heres the link to the trip report I posted back in August

click here:)

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions

abnjm once bubbled...
In my experience, Dive Paradise offers two packages for the same price. Either two tanks in the morning and one in the afternoon on the cattle boat, or two tanks in the morning on a fast boat. (Six pack)

That says that the per tank charge on the fast boats is 50% higher, right? That's a pretty big diff.

If you shop around, I'll wager that you can easily find fast boat diving for the same rate as DP's slow boat diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom