Brief Maui Dive Operator Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polyester1970

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just spent a week in Maui and took the advice of a lot of posters here on Scubaboard on which operators to dive with. I stayed in Wailea, just a few minutes under Kihea so I could be close to Molokini.

I dove with Ed Robinson’s, Shaka Divers, Extended Horizons (based in Lahaina and goes to Lanai), Maui Dreams and B&B.

All of them worked out very well, good captains, good guides, good diver/guide ratio, no complaints. I recommend all of these guys. I’ll just talk about some of the differences between them so you get an idea of who to use when.

- Ed Robinson’s – based in Kihea; boat dives to Molokini and South Maui; offers 3-tank “Adventure” dives for divers with 25+ dives; boat dives for certified divers only; good focus on fish species; meets up at 6:30am gets back around 12:00pm;

- Shaka Divers – shore dives in South Maui (Makena, Wailea, Kihea) including night dives; very friendly and laid back guy with a great sense of humor; meets up at 9am; reserve early for weekend dives

- Extended Horizons – based in Lahaina; good option when going to Lanai; ride to Lanai is on the long side and can be rocky so take your motion-sickness pills even if you don’t normally get sea-sick (I got sea-sick for the 1st time on this ride); meets up at 6:45am;

- Maui Dreams – Also does the typical Molokini/South Maui routes, but offers a Carthaginian dive once a week; this particular dive meets up a little later at 10am; reserve early since they book up quickly

- B&B Scuba – Similar to Ed Robinson’s in regards to location & routes; different thing here is they meet up at 5:45am and are back by 9:45am so you have plenty of time to do other Maui activities; also offers night dives a couple times a week; reserve early since they book up quickly

Excellent post, and very timely for me. Thanks!

- Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom