Bret Gilliam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i knew him , and was proud to call him a friend , when i became a adv nitrox/ deco instructor he sent me an augraphed copy of his book......he will be missed greatly

Wow! Sorry to hear that. I once heard Cronin teased Gilliam about wearing a G-shock when Cronin had a Rolex because PADI allowed him to have a Submariner while TDI must only allow Brett to afford a G-shock. Brett smacked his G-shock around then challenged John to do that with his Rolex. Cronin passed on the challenge. I don't know if that story is true or not. I heard it from the president of another agency. It is funny though.
I knew Bret very well for over 20 years, and I even represented him for a while. He could be maddening and benevolent at the same time. I never, ever saw him wear a G-Shock. The only watch I ever saw him wear was his gold Rolex Submariner, which he was extremely proud of. It was the most common item in his wardrobe, even more so than a pair of shorts and flip flops. Here is a terrific article that was posted last year about Bret and his Rolex: The Man With The Golden Sub

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom