Breezes Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed at the Breezes it's one shore dive free a day. The rest of the dives are by boat.
There are diferent diveshops all over the island that offer their service. If you want to dive in small groups max 4 CURious2DIVE is a good alternative. We do only shore diving.They also have a pick-up service and plan all the dives you want to make together.

I've been there twice and really enjoy the shore diving. Being able to dive at the time of day you want to right from the resort was what I preferred. Most of the boat diving was pretty much the same as what was off the resort, except for the Mushroom Forest at O.C West. Diving the wreck just off from the main cruise peir was OK, around 90' depth but was only available if a cruise was not in. I also found the staff at the resort shop to be great. You could book a package of dives but if you could not make some of the dives for whatever reason they only charged the package rate for the number you did. I would go back there. Good food at the resort as well along with premium drinks.

Cheers,

Just got back last night from 10 days at Breezes. I'd say it's an average resort with an above average price and at this point I'd be hard pressed to recommend it to a friend. I think there are better values out there.
The diving can't be beat, but you don't have to stay at Breezes for that.

I think for anyone traveling to Curacao, you are better off staying in a smaller hotel and booking a rental car.

Spend your entire vacation driving around the island checking out every shore dive spot you can. No point in paying a hotel above average prices for one shore dive when for the same price you pay for one night can rent you an entire set of gear with air fills for the week.

The diving can't be beat there when it comes to ease of shore diving. I was there in August and absolutely loved it. We checked out at least 2 different dive sites a day for 3 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom