Breeze Dive Club Dives - youtube clip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Becky was so kind to take me along on the Breeze Dive Club dive...What a great set of dives with great people!

We did two drift dives. The first at Sea Cave, the second at Pink House (which is no longer pink :( )

The group found several cool things: i.e. 2 teeny tiny baby Frogfish, a great looking Tiger Cowrie, two different kind of Slipper Lobster (Regal Slipper Lobster & a Sculpted Slipper Lobster), a huge Eared Sea Hare (another first! ), 4 different kinds of starfish (Spotted Star, Fishers Star, Crown of Thorns and several Cushion Stars)....and a few other regulars.

Made a little slide show of some of the pictures that turned out. This was a test, posting them on youtube...sadly the pictures lose a lot of quality...but it took forever to upload so I'm leaving it. Will post better quality in my log in a few days.

Aloha and thanks everyone for a great day!

Yup...had a great time...! Stay tuned for the next club dive! This was my first.

Found out what's wrong with and working on fixing my truck. But what better way to forget about stalling in the middle of Kalanianaole Hwy = GO DIVING WITH GREAT PEOPLE!!!

:)

Its a PRIVATE video...hmmmmm...

wait...I'll fix it...should work now!

It was great meeting and diving with you! and glad you can fix your truck :wink:

WOW!

Nice vid! Made me realize how much I missed on the same dive! I was actually looking for those nudi-leads...got about 20 ozs or so. lol.

They re-sell great We tried melting them into our own weights once - you need the space and time for that, something we have very little of.

Here is a bit better quality

I'm just starting my collection. Each dive I make it a point to grab 'more than I went in with'. I also pole fish from time to time, yet when under there, I always try to hoard whatever lead I can for kicks. I don't really reuse them (as I mainly use a floater), but to save to do exactly that: remelt into weights. I have a little kettle I can get my hands on as my friends melt lead and remake their own sinkers. But for now I just like collecting lead...I know...little things amuse little minds!

I was on that dive, right? Because I swear I didn't see half of that stuff you took pictures of. Of course, swimming around in circles like a fool just to keep warm on the second dive probably contributed to that. :)

So what was that big slug looking thing with the hole in the middle, just outside of the Sea Cave? Was that the sea hare?

I've found a lot over the years, usually leave it on the boat. But I did go to the store and check out what some of these babies run...it could be as lucrative as diving for golf balls :wink:

chepar:
I was on that dive, right? Because I swear I didn't see half of that stuff you took pictures of. Of course, swimming around in circles like a fool just to keep warm on the second dive probably contributed to that. :)

Yes you were :wink:....that is because I have my nose on the reef all the time :wink: and had some great spotters on the dive calling me over :D

So what was that big slug looking thing with the hole in the middle, just outside of the Sea Cave? Was that the sea hare?

Yeah! That was the Eared Sea Hare! I didn't see the ears when I took the picture, but when I worked on it....There they were!!

Really enjoyed diving with you again :)

Oh, that was a sea hare? Hmmmm. Nothing like the one I saw in San Diego.

I saw two other great things but no photographers were around. I saw a dwarf moray eel that was completely out and (I looked it up) a magnificent snake eel, completely out. When I looked that up it said that they come out in the late afternoon. I guess our little "delay" was worth it.

We also heard the whales and I kept looking out to see if they would come in (wishful thinking, I know).

I wish there had been someone's hand next to the cowrie so you could get an idea how big that thing was! Gosh, at least softball size.

Nice slide show, Leesa. Was that me looking up at the surface? I really like that view at the end of a dive when it's too deep or murky to see the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom