breakwater report, today 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Overcast and a bit gloomy in the morning. Big dive crowd at breakwater with 1 or more big club meetings or other sort of events as well as the usual class groups. Easy entry at high tide, mellow surface swim out to #10 admired some sea lions and had an otter pass by rather close and look at us curiously. Destination for this dive was the big group of sea lions hanging out just next to the end of the jetty. Dropped close to the wall to maybe 10ft viz and into school of small blues. Kept shallow along the wall as my buddy Jen was having trouble equalizing. Navigating the kelp viz improved a bit to perhaps 15ft and was constantly among fish anywhere you looked. Mostly blues and also and assortment of perch, and occasional opaleye or olive. Big cabezone encountered that looked particularly ornate and in hindsight may have actually been a scorpionfish (will be reviewing my footage of him later to confirm). Saw several ling cod along the way including 1 real bruiser on the way back that had to 30+lbs. It's head was bigger than my buddies and she was a bit startled when she recognized what I was pointing to as we glided just 4ft over wasn't a big rock but rather the head of that ling! Anyway, we did hit that group of lions who didn't disappoint with a serious of fast passes all around us and we settled onto the bottom and enjoyed the show. No nettles or molas seen this time.surfaced to find that sunshine broken out in the after noon and it was gloriously clear and warmed up nicely. After a late lunch at the deli next to the launch observed some dolphins spalshing about out approximately where the metridium fields are. Great day, hated to leave.

will post a link to video taken soon I hope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom