Break-in period for Slipstreams?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For those of you out here that use Slipstreams, do or did you have a problem with the foot pockets rubbing blisters on the top of your feet? I am a size 10 and wear XL Slipstreams with size 10 wetsuit boots. They seem to fit fine but after 4-5 dives in a day, the top of my feet start killing me and I develop red marks/blisters, which forces me to stop diving for the day. Not too long ago, I thought I read something about a break-in period for these, but I forget where I read this. I've used mine for about 15 dives so far and they still hurt. Are Jet Fin pockets a little softer? Thanks.

I read that you put hot water in the bathtub and stand in the fins in the bathtub. The idea being the heat makes them more pliable and they conform to your feet.

That could be total manure though.

Interesting...I wear a size 10/10.5 shoe and have the XL Slipstreams. Haven't had the rubbing problem you are talking about.

Maybe it has to do with the arch, or lack of arch, of my feet. It doesn't make sense. I used them this past weekend and for the 1st couple of dives, they didn't hurt, so I was thinking that maybe they were broken in.....then I started diving again a little later in the day and they hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom