Bradenton Beach Dive Shop in Sea Trek location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atagirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last July after diving Spanish Rocks I stopped by Sea Trek diver's address in Bradenton Beach. They were closed but someone was in the process of opening up a new shop in the same location. I can't find a shop online at the same address. Does anyone know if a shop has opened in this location and if so what is it's name? I was looking to dive the Sugar Barge. If there is no dive shop there where is the best place to park to dive the Regina? It will be my first time trying this site. Thanks!

Well I drove down there today to shore dive and checked out the location myself. There is a new dive shop located on this site. It is called Sea Kat the owner Jim has a local charter boat and had known the owners of Sea Trek. They opened in September 2011. We ended up parking there to dive the Regina across the street. As far as I can tell it is where you have to park. Luckily cars seem to stop to let folks decked out in gear cross. Jim was friendly I got a good vibe from the shop and will be returning. It's nice to have a place right there on the beach to get tanks/fills. In the past I have been wanting to do both Spanish Rocks and the sugar barge in one trip so this will make that easy. Only one tank today though the viz was pretty bad.

I was there yesterday, Its called Sea Kat now.

I was trying to dive Spanish Rocks but couldnt find it...
I parked at 33rd of gulf, walked south on the beach about 6 houses, swam to the buey and continued another 50ft out or so.. Was I just not far out enough?

---------- Post added ----------

oops, didnt see your question was answered. sry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom