BP&W trim issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very low volume mask might help, that air does float up your head. They are easier to clear as well.

Moving some weight to shoulder straps, or taped to very top of plate, might shift it enough forward that you can restore some to your belt. Weights on you top tank band might be close to neutral with respect to trim. AL plates are nice for the ability to put most of 'their' weight where ever you want it.

Agree no ditch-able should be fine with so little total weight. Though dropping a belt is easier than getting out of and dropping a rig.

Put small trim pouches on shoulder straps, that's where I have mine. From there weights can be ditched, too, although it's not the main reason I have it there -- as others have said, with that little weight you shouldn't have a problem staying afloat.

If you want ditchable weights just make some sort of ditch system and strap it to your shoulderstraps... Should be to hard to find/make a good ditching system?

If you want ditchable weights just make some sort of ditch system and strap it to your shoulderstraps... Should be to hard to find/make a good ditching system?

There are weight harnesses out there. The question is how much weight you carry, e.g. I use 2 x 4lb weights in shoulder pockets and can dig them out and drop them if I need to. It's just not a quick-ditch setup. But then, if I am able to slow-ditch them, I am also able to swim with 8lbs of lead and another couple of pounds of full Al80 and misc. kit, for some time without ditching anything. And if I'm incapacitated so I can't swim, chances are I won't be able to ditch weights either. Possibly not with a quick-ditch system even.

So the only really useful part about having quick-ditchable weights in this setup is so your buddy can easily ditch them while rescuing your unconscious butt. And you have a total wing failure on top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom