BP/W Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a DiveRite Trek and find that an STA works best.
One daughter uses an Oxycheq Mach V(?) 30# wing and finds that she needs an STA for best results.
My other daughter uses a Halcyon Eclipse 30# wing and I am not sure if it is needed or not.

One advantage of an STA - there is a little more weight which reduces the amount lead needed if we are diving Al 80s.

I would be interested to hear what you think of that soft STA. Please do a review once you put some miles on it.

OMS no longer markets it as an STA. They say it is for positioning and roll control only.

I don't like that personally so which setups are out there that doesn't require that?

Whichever ones that have cam band slots in the plate and wing. I have a dive rite travel wing and no STA or roll control required.

The OMS STA is made up of a couple of 3/4" PVC pipes in a fabric sheath. I have been using one for a few years. I do not notice the weight, and the bulk is enveloped by the wilng. It holds the tank securely and prevents shifting.

Read my mind with this topic thanks for bringing it up! I just purchased the HOG TBCS and was curious if I even needed it since it has the built in tubes

IMO, the built in stabilizers in my HOG wing are too small to be of any use.

Back
Top Bottom