BP/W combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblegumrissa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to buy a single tank wing and backplate with harness setup. I'm pretty new to diving and this is my first BC purchase, but I've been told BP/W is the way to go. I'm on a VERY limited budget. It doesn't really matter to me whether it's aluminum or SS although I would obviously prefer SS and I'm looking for a donut shaped wing with about 50lbs give or take of lift. Thanks!

if you are looking to buy a singles tank set up you should want no more than 30 lbs of lift, 50lbs is more in the doubles area

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'd have never known. 30 lbs it is then!

Also suggest you calculate your weight requirements. I know a diver that uses a steel plate and NO lead. If she were to use a heavier tank, she's overweighted because she has nowhere to shed weight. In her case, aluminum would have been the better choice.

very smart move on the bp/w and i would actually say rather than 30lb wing, you can consider 30 to 40 pending your exposure protection and comfort in the water. you soon find that as you relax in the water, you will not only use less gas per minute as your sac rate drops, you'll also experience needing less weight and in turn need less lift.
best wishes and dive safe!

Thanks yall for all the help. All of these suggestions are great and will be utilized for sure!

I just got my first BP/W from dolphin scuba. Paid 250 for basic HOG harness, SS cam bands, aluminum backplate, and HOG 32lb wing. Couldn't be happier.

Hmm I'll have to check there and see what deals they have. I've never even heard of Dolphin Scuba before. Was that a one time deal or do the have more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom