Bouyant Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlast

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a Sealife Reefmaster RC and flash. Nice camera, does a great job deducing backscatter compared to the Sea and Sea MX-10 I previously owned, but thats another story.

Problem with the Reefmaster is that it is way too positively bouyant. I keep it tethered to my BCD and it's always a difficult find as it floats behind/above me on the bottom. Thought I saw on the net where sombody made a 1 lb weight to fit the camera, can't seem to find the site again....any clues?

Short of taping weight to the camera, anybody experiencing the same problem/come up with a solution?

I have a friend with that camera who had the same problem. He cut a piece of steel flat bar, dipped in Color Guard™ rubber coating and attached it with the tripod screw. Works for him.

Sealife sells a 13 ounce wieght for something like $20 msrp.

However, like Dee mentioned you can fabricate your own.

In a pinch, I found that you can zip tie an ankle weight under it, with two strobes it's pretty close to neutral.

I took some lead weight and melted them down made me a mode and then took and super cglue some velco on them attached to bottom bar of the strobe arm and has worked that way for two years just make sure you use water proof glue . I recently bought me a a new digital camera oly C 5050 and waiting on houseing strobe have to wait litle bit moneys tight after purchuse of camera so just keep at it you figure it out

Back
Top Bottom