Bouyancy characteristics of wothington 120s vs faber 120s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakewinni

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking at getting steel doubles. Currently I'm diving double alum 80s with a drysuit and steel backplate. With a few thick undies for the nice 40 degree water we got going up here I wear 8 pounds on my waist (although I really only need like 6-7) to be neutral in shallow water with 500ish psi in my tanks. Now if you look at worthington HP 120s they are -2empty/-11full and fabers are -7/-16. Clearly the fabers are 5 pounds more negative per tank. Are the fabers going to be to negative to double up? I mean if I lose the 8 pounds on my waist plus 5 if I switch to a alum backplate thats 13 pounds I've shed. Yet with near empty tanks ill be -14 with the fabers vs +8 for alum. Thats 22 lbs more negative I'll be!! and with only having lost 13 pounds. I'll be REALLY negative from start to finish. With the worthington's I'll probably be about neutral at with an alum BP, no weight, and when my tanks are low. The fabers are much cheaper though.

Also I'm concerned about trim. If I take the 8 pounds I wear with alum 80s and put it on my back (v weight or something like that) then my trim gets pretty bad and I become very light in the feet, even with a big squeeze on my suit. Any thoughts about this with either worthington or faber doubles?

Thanks a lot

Do you really need 240 cu ft of gas? Consider double 100's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom