bottom timer, analog depth gauge or 2nd computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea - sounds like bahura, would be good to know if there's another deep wall out there though!

Karl

Sadly the warranty expired less than 30 days before :-|

Yep - That sucks!

Looks like it could be new computer time :( I'd recommend the Quantum as a good choice, that will give you a solid dual gas computer with a very easy to read display - it's a similar price to the cheaper Suunto range but has the features of the mid-range Suunto copmputers.

Apeks Products

It's a great computer and did everything I wanted from my computer until a few months back when I finally saved enough pennies to buy an X1 :) I still use the Quantum as a back up on most dives though!

For reference the same computer is also sold as the dive rite NitekDuo and one other brand I forget the name of - all are good deals.

Good luck with the search!

Karl

Thanks for all the replies! It is or was an archimede made by seiko same as the quantum/nitek/IQ700. They still have to send it to PG for diagnostics. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I thought the archimede ii was made by Cressi, any way, buying a cheap console with Depth and SPG as well as a cheap dive watch is probablly the best "budget backup" system you can have.

I see very few divers using the Tables anymore, but if your familiar with your dive sites you can easily extend your bottom time using the eRDPML tables by planning a Multilevel Dive. Again this is in theory since I dont ever see divers(except students) using them.. If you want more info on this just PM me..

Cheers

The bottom timer are great backup instruments.
The disadvantage is that the units don't have replaceable batteries.

A analogue Depth Gauge requires a watch (and setting the watch) plus a table and calculations.

As backup or Entry Level Computer incl. Nitrox I recommend the Subgear XP10 which is a improved Aladin Prime.
The UWATEC models and SUBGEAR XP10 units have a more advanced decompression model incl. micro bubble algorithm as compared to the Seiko made units which only calculate standard deco. You can have them wrist mounted or console mounted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom