Borocay advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aloha all. Going to be in the Philippines for a dive trip here at the beginning of October at Borocay. I have been to the Philippines several times for work, mostly to Manila and Subic Bay.

Thinking of staying at Laguna de Borocay Resort or Dakak Park Beach Resort. Both look nice. Does anyone have any info on the them? Any other possible recommendations?

Also any dive shop recommendations? And must see dives?

Really any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Also the google maps of all the dives sites there is awesome, that is great!!!!

Do the yapak dive. you can see large tuna and sharks there. The channel drift dive is also fun.

When I went there. I dove with Victory Divers, they are really nice.

I too did some diving with Victory divers, and did Ya Pak, no complaints here!

Try FISHEYE DIVERS BORACAY they have a web site.
they have the newest dive boat in the island and offer sea safari
most or the dives in boracay are quite pleasant and relaxed, except for yapak which you need to be a competent experienced diver
but some of the best dives are the inter island trip which they could schedule, cater to your precise needs. these would be manigin, and panagatan group of island,
best done on a 3+ day sea safari
done it a number of times with them and service is excelent
look for carlos blanch

Try FISHEYE DIVERS BORACAY they have a web site.
they have the newest dive boat in the island and offer sea safari
most or the dives in boracay are quite pleasant and relaxed, except for yapak which you need to be a competent experienced diver
but some of the best dives are the inter island trip which they could schedule, cater to your precise needs. these would be manigin, and panagatan group of island,
best done on a 3+ day sea safari
done it a number of times with them and service is excelent
look for carlos blanch

Second that on Fisheye. I'm going out on their boat this October somewhere. We'll decide based on the weather....or whatever Boy comes up with. hah!
Come with us Ritchie. I think it's only me, Jake, Sandy, Kiera, Marcelo? and Boy...and Peter or Carlos.

I just come back from a very nice 4 days tour with Free Wily Divers...
we heading several islands at Panay, Antique and yeah there are really unspoiled places. Great underwater scenery at sanctuaries (we had permission from the coast guard)
and also our stay there in Pandan at a Resort called Phaidon Beach Resort was more than great. Everyday fantastic food packages and BBQ places ...and one place it was an underwater island is genius. Just an hour travel by a Banka, watching dolphins before we did 2 dives there ( 29 - 40 meters)..... thats really to recommend !!

Antiquediver
:pinkdolphin: :turtle:

more pics in another thread..coming soon

hmmmmmm......antiquediver.....I like the advertising. Panay diving rocks!

Thank you all for the great information. I just made my reservations with Phaidon Beach resort. I am so looking forward to my trip there and if anyone has any other must see dives please let me know! Thank you again!

I went to Boacay in January and did a lot of diving there. Check out Yapak 1 and 2. Yapak 2 is the more challenging of the two. I seen sharks, baby sharks, turtles, rays, octopus, tuna, trigger fish, and a ton more.

I dove with Dive-Gurus. They are excellent instructors and guides. Also, they will take you one on one so no big groups for you. Their dive schedule is also flexible, meaning you don't have to go to crowded dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom