Borneo Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okidoki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi folks,

Looking into diving in Sidipan with Borneo divers but not able to find a way to contact them, any one please help me out here or any other good outfit will do as well

You may also want to look into Sipadan Mabul Resort.

www.sipadan-mabul.com.my

From previous discussions on this board, they seem to do more of the hardwork of diving for you than Borneo divers (i.e. take your equipment to/from the boat in the middle of the sun!). They also have the newest and perhaps most scenic accommodations on Mabul, the Mabul Water Bungalows.

Hope this helps,

J.

I just got back from Sipidan (well, technically Lankayan was the last place I was at), I stayed at Mabul Water Bungalows for my Sipidan diving. Its still under construction, but what they have finished is great. You will have to live with a little bit of construction noise. They will lug the gear from the dockside onto the boat, or you can do it yourself if you're more paranoid about your gear. The dive boats come from SMART, but they have a dock where they pick you up. You're gear is stored about 15 feet from the boat at the top of the stairway for the shore dive entry. The entry point for the short dive at Froggy's lair is easy, and it makes for a great shore dive as well. The rooms are air conditioned, the food was great, and, at least when I booked, it was cheaper than Sipidan Water Village. They give you 2 dives a day at Sipidan, plus one boat dive at Mabul or Kapalai. www.mabulwaterbungalows.com. I'd go back again. From what I've heard, I just wish I'd gotten out to Sipidan about, oh, 10-15 years ago.

Borneo divers were a great outfit. I haven't dived with them since they moved over to mabul but give us some feedback if you end up deciding to go with them.

TheNitroxinator:
I just got back from Sipidan (well, technically Lankayan was the last place I was at), I stayed at Mabul Water Bungalows for my Sipidan diving. Its still under construction, but what they have finished is great. You will have to live with a little bit of construction noise. They will lug the gear from the dockside onto the boat, or you can do it yourself if you're more paranoid about your gear. The dive boats come from SMART, but they have a dock where they pick you up. You're gear is stored about 15 feet from the boat at the top of the stairway for the shore dive entry. The entry point for the short dive at Froggy's lair is easy, and it makes for a great shore dive as well. The rooms are air conditioned, the food was great, and, at least when I booked, it was cheaper than Sipidan Water Village. They give you 2 dives a day at Sipidan, plus one boat dive at Mabul or Kapalai. www.mabulwaterbungalows.com. I'd go back again. From what I've heard, I just wish I'd gotten out to Sipidan about, oh, 10-15 years ago.

Hey Nitox,
We are headed to Mabul, SMART Divers, in 37 days...but who's counting? :)
We went to Lankayan last year and had a hell of a great time. Can you compare Sipidan with Lankayan? Are they as lose with the dive times as Lankayan? Food any better? Bigger critters? Smaller ones? Currents? Sure would appreciate you imput.
Thanks a million.
Susie

Scuba Susie:
Hey Nitox,
We are headed to Mabul, SMART Divers, in 37 days...but who's counting? :)
We went to Lankayan last year and had a hell of a great time. Can you compare Sipidan with Lankayan? Are they as lose with the dive times as Lankayan? Food any better? Bigger critters? Smaller ones? Currents? Sure would appreciate you imput.
Thanks a million.
Susie

try this out.... http://www.swvresort.com/

Hi....changed a new notebook and don't have the website for malaysian divers community web page....care to help !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom