Borneo Divers vs. SMART vs.SWV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xsynie:
Just wonder if you are interested in Budget Accommodation, if yes try www.bahrmansipadan.com

It seems that Bahrman has died. I don't know if his family are continuing their "homestay" accommodations, but it's my impression that they are not. Maybe somebody else has more complete info?

Quero, xsynie is the Bahrman's agent / walking billboard so I'm guessing they are still open.

Regarding the choice of operators, I'd vote for SMART. I dove with Borneo Divers a few years ago when they were on Sipadan. Except for a DM from hell, they were okay but I just don't like their ownership any longer. One owner made some rether stupid comments, IMHO, about the barge incident and I'd rather give my hard-earned money to someone with a little more sense.

Quero:
It seems that Bahrman has died. I don't know if his family are continuing their "homestay" accommodations, but it's my impression that they are not. Maybe somebody else has more complete info?

Yeah, is a true fact that Bahrman had pass away on the day of the opening match of 2006 World Cup. :( :(

Me the walking billbords is helping his cousine to continue to what he aspire to be, one of the diving operator well known through out the world.

Do drop by at our web site www.bahrmansipadan.com

:no :no Please dont get offended ( to whom ever is concern)

xsynie:
Yeah, is a true fact that Bahrman had pass away on the day of the opening match of 2006 World Cup. :( :(

Me the walking billbords is helping his cousine to continue to what he aspire to be, one of the diving operator well known through out the world.

Do drop by at our web site www.bahrmansipadan.com

:no :no Please dont get offended ( to whom ever is concern)

Sorry for your loss, xsynie, and the best of luck in carrying on Bahrman's legacy. I will mention your operation if I come across customers who are looking for the sort of experience you offer.

PS Thanks for the heads-up, Zippsy

I just got back from Mabul. While I stayed at Borneo Divers, I visited the other resorts. SMART was lovely with lush coconut groves and pretty landscaping. Our reception by the employees, however, was quite cool.
Borneo divers is newer and the landscaping is not mature. The cabins were very comfy with well functioning AC. Nice pool and great food. The biggest difference were the employees. They were extremely friendly and always smiling. They seemed truely pleased to be where they were. The owners must treat them very well and, as a result, their pleasure spreads to all around them. I became ill one day. The manager himself brough me medications and food and water. Nice service.
More importantly, Borneo Divers staff met us at the airport in KK, took us to our hotel, Clement himself treated us to a great seafood dinner in KK, they drove us to the airport for the flight to Sandakan, sheparded us to the boat to Mabul. All in all, they took excellent care of us.
We took advantage of a special deal from DEMA which included all diving, meals, lodging for six days AND airfare from Newark, NJ for 2,200.00 US! Great deal. If you contact Borneo Divers directly, you may be able to get a great deal too. I can't say enough good things about Borneo Divers.

Hi

Anyone got any further update on Borneo Divers Mabul? We are planning to go later this year. From what we read, they seems to be improving over the years.

Obviously, price is another factor, as they seems to be cheapest among the 3 (together with SWV and SMART), although you are land-based and not over the water.

Not sure whether they are offering unlimited shore dives now, but we foresee by our third dive, the only thing we want is to lie on the beach...

Cheers

If you want to lie on the beach then stay at SMART It is really the only place with any sort of beachy atmosphere.

Borneo divers has the poolside area now which is nice and a little stretch of beach so this might do the trick but there is plenty of sand and shade provided by coconut trees on the beach area at SMART.

Also SMART is a little bit removed from the locals village area where the little kids might pester you. SWV and Kapalai have no beach at all.

OnTheSpot:
If you want to lie on the beach then stay at SMART It is really the only place with any sort of beachy atmosphere.

Borneo divers has the poolside area now which is nice and a little stretch of beach so this might do the trick but there is plenty of sand and shade provided by coconut trees on the beach area at SMART.

Also SMART is a little bit removed from the locals village area where the little kids might pester you. SWV and Kapalai have no beach at all.

Thanks! I think SMART is the most expensive of them all. We don't mind the pestering kids to save a few $$$ :)

By the way, is the sea in front of Borneo Diver a good snorkelling place? My better half don't dive.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom