Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRook

Registered
Reaction score
My wife needs some boots for cold water diving. She is petite, but as a former soccer player she has some muscle in her calfs. As such, the normal boots at our LDS would fit her feet, but she would not be able to zip them all the way up. Are there other boots that are either flexable, or that are designed for her fit?

What kind of boots is she looking at, thigh high? Most booties just come up over the ankle and there is not much muscle on you shin...

Nope. Regular boots that just come a bit over the ankle. I guess she has big ankles too. Kind of strange because she is pretty small otherwise.

henderson hyperstretch boots? Or any other brand in hyperstretch type material, if they make them.

I've been diving with several guys who have big legs and they have to leave their boots unzipped... of course their problem is not muscle :wink:

Tim

"henderson hyperstretch boots? Or any other brand in hyperstretch type material, if they make them."

Yep, stopped at the local shop today and they have some scuba pro strech boots without a zipper that should work.

Thanks guys.

Hi Rook.

I'd make sure the boots have a thick sole over being able to fully zip them. Many of the lakes you'll be diving have rocks you'll need to walk over to get to any depth. If your wife isn't able to fully zip the boot that can be remedied by tucking them in the legs of her wetsuit. Put the wetsuit on, fold the bottoms of the wetsuit up slightly (i.e. the leg openings), put the boots on, fold the bottoms of the wetsuit over the boots. This will also help decrease the flow of water into her boots during a dive thus helping keep her feet warm.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom