Boots or Socks on your drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turbo soles on my cold-water suit, where my diving is from boats.

No feet at all on my warm-water drysuit, simply wear regular booties...

WarmDry.jpg

Socks and rockboots here. Most of my diving includes walks over rocks and gravel. Some people I know use integrated boots and add ankle weights to offset the air in the boots.

Ron

Turbosoles or rockboots? Consider BEST FIT.

Picked up a DUI TLS 350 custom drysuit last year, but as it turned out the only item that couldn't be customized was... the turbosoles (which I didn't learn until later).

Being a size 11 with narrow feet, I actually traced my feet on paper and sent it to DUI together with my order (which included turbosoles). The suit fit perfect but as I found out, the turbosoles have a standard fixed width. Hence, my foot kept wiggling left/right inside the turbosoles.

I ended up sending the suit back to replace the turbosoles with the sock/rockboots config which turned out to be a great fit. I've learned to like the boots, very lightweight and sturdy, but wish there was an alternative to string laces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom