Boots for Scubapro Jet Max fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrw3685

New
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for reading my post! I'm a first time poster, 2 week reader who has always wanted to learn to Scuba dive but never had the time. Am getting ready to learn and after some research online, got a stellar deal on a pair of brand new Jet Max fins. Based off my research and my size 11.0 shoe, the Large should've worked fine for me. When I received them, it's obvious that they require some sort of shoe/booty as the foot pocket is huge and has a "lip" on the heel probably used to keep your shoed foot in. I'm currently in Africa but will be in the Gulf/South Texas when I return to the states and will probably be diving in warm water...Key West, Caribbean...I do lots of traveling. Can someone recommend a good warm water boot that will go well with these fins? BTW, <$40 is preferred as I'm not a professional!

The scubapro Delta boot is our best seller. If you are a size 11 shoe go with the Large/10. The boots tend to run a little bigger than normal shoe size. It will also fit good into the foot pocket on the Twin jet max

I have the Twin Jet Max, and I wear A pair of Waterproof b2, Bare, and Deepsee. They all fit fine in the boot

Ya any boot would generally work. The only ones that might not would be the boots with the thicker tennis like soles.

Thanks Gents, I looked and looked and looked and never saw anywhere that they essentially required some sort of boot....which sucks since I bought them sight unseen as their's not an "abundance" of dive shops here in Djibouti. Most of the gear I'm getting have to just research as best I can, read reviews, and hope I like the product. Again, thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out, any other opinions?

Get a boot with a soft flexible rubber sole (usually called medium sole). For Jet fins, hard sole boots will require you to go up a a fin size if you're on the edge of the sizing chart.
You'll want to wear a bootie size that fits your foot exactly, plus a tiny bit of room to avoid cramping your feet.
Usually a person's normal every day street shoes are 1-2 sizes too big. I personally wear a size 8 shoe, but can bump down to a size 7 once the cushion gets worn in.
I wear a size 7 bootie (in US imperial measurements).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom