Boot Comparisons | Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shawn - El Santo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for boots with substantial soles for shore entries and ladder climbing comfort. Has anyone tried the WaterProof Orion (6.5MM or 7MM?)? I like the fit, comfort and features of WaterProof wetsuits, not sure about their boots. How about the Mares 5/6.5MM Trilastic Heavy Duty?

Also, I wear a half size shoe. Should I round up or down for boot comfort?

Looking for boots with substantial soles for shore entries and ladder climbing comfort. Has anyone tried the WaterProof Orion (6.5MM or 7MM?)? I like the fit, comfort and features of WaterProof wetsuits, not sure about their boots. How about the Mares 5/6.5MM Trilastic Heavy Duty?

Also, I wear a half size shoe. Should I round up or down for boot comfort?

I bought these and promptly returned them. It is very difficult to find a boot that has a true hard sole boot. From the profile, it appears that it has a substantial out sole. However, this is not the case. The sole is rather thin and the sides that extend upwards only give the impression of a thick out sole. Even the Henderson Gold Core boots have the same issue.

I use an older version of the Xcel Thermobarier Molded Sole Boot. Hopefully, the construction hasn't changed because the older model had a true hard sole. Gravel, concrete and hard rocks don't bother when I use them (I primarily dive from shore in California).

C.

Hi ShawnofOz:

Sorry, I should have specified. The Mares Trilastic.

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom