Booster for rebreather - Oxygen and trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the market for a booster also and the MPS units are #1 on my list right now.

May I ask what model you have? and aprox how much drive gas are you using for a 3L from 50b to 200b out of an O2 G that is say 50b?
C2 Expedition.

I’ll have to disappoint you on the drive gas consumption numbers – I mostly scavenge remaining air from after-dive tanks at my friend’s LDS, or use a full 12L to top off my dil / inflation 3L and then drive the booster. Either way, I don’t really keep track of consumption. Don’t expect miracles though – the closer you get to 200b, the harder it has to work – subject to the source pressure, of course. I actually seldom boost beyond 150 – plenty for my kind of diving. If a dive plan calls for a better margin, I’ll bring an off-board 7L anyway

One of these days I may yet run an experiment with the inputs you gave me, I’ll report the results – but it’s a very loose promise, don’t hold your breath

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom