Books about wreck diving techniques?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm from Italy and I like wrecks and wreck diving.. Unfortunately it's very hard to find a really good book about wreck diving techniques in my langage..
So I ask you which books (in english!) you suggest about wreck diving!

The new TDI Advanced Wreck Diver manual is a good general source of wreck diving information and technique.

I have found few others as complete, and I have read my share. :)

But I will keep watching this thread to see if others have good material recommendations.

I recommend Complete Wreck Diving by Keatts and Skerry. It's for sale on Amazon.

Agreed. Soto where are you in Italy, and how is the wreck diving there? Perche' frequentero' l'universita' di Bologna l'anno prossimo.

Good!
I eared about 'Complete Wreck Diving' by Keatts and Skerry and I've found good prices on ebay stores..
I'll find if there's an italian version of the new TDI Advanced Wreck Diver manual.

Dear Mike, I live in Rome, (3 hour by train from Bologna) and I can tell you that wreck diving in Italy is becaming popular. Consider that there are lot of wreck of WWII. You have to choose at what depth you want to go! But pay attention... Helium here is very expensive!

Anyway... other suggestions?
Bye!

I liked the Keatts and Skerry book, but I would also recommend Gary Gentiles "the technical diving handbook" This is almost like a textbook in its approach and completeness, but it is very readable. I've read the sections that I was interested in and skipped the rest. I think there is a recently updated version of this book.

Gary Gentile also writes the Primary Wreck Diving Guide, the Advanced Wreck Diving Guide, and I have heard of the Ultimate wreck Diving Guide. He is very knowledgable and writes in a down-to-earth style, great for the do-it-yourself diver. He doesn't sell high-priced gear, but gives cost-effective solutions to modify tech gear. Great reading!!

Hi, I'm from Italy and I like wrecks and wreck diving.. Unfortunately it's very hard to find a really good book about wreck diving techniques in my langage..
So I ask you which books (in english!) you suggest about wreck diving!
This text book has been very well received

ANDI International: Techniques of Wreck Diving

It even discusses topics that seem to be taboo by others like artifact preservation..

There is a very good non-fiction book about underwater archaeology called Submerged by Daniel Lenihan. It deals with the underwater archaeology team of the National Parks Service in the United States. They talk a lot about wreck diving preparation and execution, and the stories included are very interesting and makes for a very quick read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom