books about sea life in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FijiBound

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations on books about the sea life in Fiji. I am a scientific type of guy, and I will be doing some volunteer biological work in Fiji. I want to find some good reading and reference material such as fish identification books (with descriptions on behavior, etc, would be nice), as well as some general information about reef habitat ecology, environmental perils, etc. Any books that anyone could recommend would be a great help. thanks a bunch. Also, if anyone knows about reference material for dangerous creatures in the area, such as the sea kraits, barracudas, crown of throns sea stars, sharks, etc, that would be awesome too.

wow, that's a nice website! I've never heard of the magazine, I guess because it is Australia and surrounding area info. The books look interesting but I don't want to order something where it doesn't even give a page count or publ. date. Is there a place to get more info? I don't want to pay $35 for a book and have it only be a small pamphlet.

robint:
wow, that's a nice website! I've never heard of the magazine, I guess because it is Australia and surrounding area info. The books look interesting but I don't want to order something where it doesn't even give a page count or publ. date. Is there a place to get more info? I don't want to pay $35 for a book and have it only be a small pamphlet.

I agree with robin, the site is cool, thanks :D, but some more information on what I would be purchasing would be helpful.

Hi there, i was just diving in Fiji and picked up a great new book about the marine life there. It's called "Fiji's wild beauty" - a photographic guide to coral reefs of the south pacific. There's lots of amazing pictures and descriptions of fish and other weird creatures in there. It's available in many places and shops in Fiji... but to get more info check Nimmerfroh Dive Productions - www.artifishial.com - Underwater images of Fiji - Fiji's Wild Beauty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom