Book suggestions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Helldivers' Rodeo is a funny and entertaining book and the two best books I've read are The Last Dive (read it three times........so far) and Shadow Divers (read it twice).

I completely agree. What a group, I don't know if I could dive with them. I would need to be changing my disco suit, after executing a bad attempt at the Warhammer Maneuver. I actually have that book out on loan to a friend who can't dive anymore. He's enjoying it just as much as I did.

(Hey, look, I got another 1/2 star!)

Since you're in the same area as me, I'd also recommend... well, about half of my dive library. Beneath the Waters of Massachusetts Bay, Shipwrecks and Nautical Lore of Boston Harbor, Shipwercks of Cape Cod, Lighthouses of New England, etc. all make diving near home a much richer experience IMHO. It's not all about diving, but it's definately related.

Do I have to sign up for a library card? Or is it just an open door, honesty policy?

Thing is, I am expecting it to not be my backyard much longer. I have the house I am in now, under agreement for sale, just waiting on the paperwork. FL is my new destination. Not that reminiscing about my old diving grounds wouldn't make for enjoyable reading.

photohikedive:
Funny you should mention that one Mike. I was rumaging around my box of old dive stuff, from '99 when I first started, and sure enough, that book was there. It was a great book, especially living here in MA.

As for your suggestions scubachick, I am adding them to my "other list", man can't live on diving books alone. And, did you steal my "interests?" I would swear you have the same as mine, and possible even in the same order. I am calling my lawyer!

Actually, I take that back, after reviewing my profile, I seem to have neglected to add my cycling and reading in the interests section (and that you joined a year before me). You lucked out this time. But I am keeping my eyes on you now.

Well, since we seem to have the same interests hopfully you'll enjoy the book suggestions. I agree that you can't live on diving books alone. I did read 'Last Dive' though...it's definately hard to put down.

Back
Top Bottom