Book Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several threads related to books. Just make a search and read.

Not sure how "sciency" you are looking for but I enjoyed reading "Scuba Physiological: Think You Know All About Scuba Medicine? Think again! (The Scuba Series)", by Simon Pridmore, recently. It was accessible enough for my simple mind and makes good connections between the theory and real-life diving.

Any book recommendations on science of diving etc ?
I had always been fond of The Essentials of Deeper Sports Diving, by John Lippmann; have had it on my shelf for decades.

The Australian was also a co-author of The DAN Emergency Handbook and Deeper Into Diving . . .

Any book recommendations on science of diving etc ?
NOAA Diving Manual is a must for general 'scientific' info and tables, Bennett and Elliott's for diving medicine, Deco for divers by Mark Powell.
There are several threads related to books. Just make a search and read.
Cheap shot at someone with all of four posts in 'Basic Scuba'. That search will come up with a library.

I picked three titles for the OP, how about you offering three?

NOAA Diving Manual is a must for general 'scientific' info and tables

We have several downloadable diving manuals from NOAA (US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and US Navy Diving in the ScubaBoard Download Library.

Deco for Divers by Mark Powell. Make sure you get the 2015 second edition if you’re buying used.

Back
Top Bottom