Bonnie and Charlie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great website.

That is a great site Gordon, thanks for sharing. I'm leaving Thursday 6:00 AM so I will be watching the developments.

Pray that it passes through and hits no one!

Christi:

Luckily, there is an extremely rare August cold front that is moving through Texas at the moment; it is causing both storms to veer to the east. Not so lucky for you guys over in Florida, though, I guess...

Christi:

You got it. Amen.

for me. Actually, they are going to miss both of us a tad if the current projections hold true, with Bonnie sliding in near Panama City, probably as a low-end Category 1 hurricane, and Charley hitting near Naples/Ft. Myers as a healthy Category 2 'cane.

My boat partner and I were sweating our boat's future if Charley moved north, because she's docked in Tarpon Springs on the Anclote River in a covered slip with less than 10 ft. clearance between the cover over the flybridge and lateral steel girders supporting the roof, and there was a forecast for 10-14 ft. storm surge there when Charley was originally projected for landfall north of Tampa. If the projected track holds true, we'll get little storm surge on the Anclote with northerly and easterly backwash off the 'cane.

Thank you, Jesus!

<')///><

from those maps, it looks like Fla. and the south eastern US seaboard are gonna get back to back whamies. I wonder if this is due to the warmer than usual water temps.

anyone up for surfing Ft Myers Friday???? I am hoping it veers out into the gulf and just disapear. but in any even I wish everyone safe passage this week if your heading in or out of the southern west coast of Florida......

Back
Top Bottom