Bonjour de Paris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Douglas

Reaction score
Hi all,

We don't dive much here in the middle of France. We, instead, buy lots of equipment and dream. Then we head off, once a year, to the other side of the planet to the French Pacific islands!

I must be the only NAUI diver here, but I'm going for PADI Divemaster this spring down on the south coast.

Great forum. Good ambiance! I'll be around here for sure.

Doug

Bienvenue à la famille (Welcome to the family)

You'll have a grand time here.

It may feel like you have to travel a long way but you should try Israel and the Saini with Avi.

Also there are some great WWII wrecks on your south coast, especially around Port Grimeau (spelling). I once watched a group of divers carry home a stack of Nazi (bosch?)helmets.

Good luck.
Greg

Guten Tag! (I know it's German, but I wanted to fit in somehow!)

Welcome to the board!

Originally posted by Douglas
We don't dive much here in the middle of France. We, instead, buy lots of equipment and dream. Then we head off, once a year, to the other side of the planet to the French Pacific islands!

Gee, what a hardship!

My partner and I are traveling to French Polynesia for 2 weeks in March. Any tips?

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

If you're as keen as most you might have seen this: French Polynesia

BORA BORA is seriously hot.

HUAHINE is just as good.

I'm in two mids about staying put in one place or traveling around and seeing as much as possible. The tour people try to get you to go all over the place.

Some good links:

Pacific Blue Adventure
Aquatica Dvie Center

I'm hoping to get there this summer.

Doug

We're actually doing a little of both - traveling and staying put. We'll have 2 nights in Papeete, then 4 nights on Manihi, then back to Papeete for a 7 night cruise, aboard the Paul Gauguin:
Papeete
Raiatea
Tahaa
Bora Bora (2 days)
Moorea (2 days)
Papeete

REALLY looking forward to it!

Happy Diving!

Scuba-sass :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom