bonica sea pix 5.25 camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbilicska

Contributor
Reaction score
:dazzler1: Has anyone had any experience with the Bonica Sea Pix 5.25 digital camera ? Is this a good camera or can I get a better camera in this price range ( $500 - $700 ) ?
Thanks
Joe

jbilicska:
:dazzler1: Has anyone had any experience with the Bonica Sea Pix 5.25 digital camera ? Is this a good camera or can I get a better camera in this price range ( $500 - $700 ) ?
Thanks
Joe

I can NOT comment on the Bonica camera other than to suggest that for about the same (or maybe just a bit more) amout of $$ one can get a VERY nice 5mpix PnS that has better specs.

What I mean by better specs is this camera has a 37mm-111mm zoom, and it is not clear who really makes the camera, how good the optics or image quality is, what type of focus detection system it uses, what WB options are available, and a LOT of other things that are really nice to judge digital.

For around $600 one can get an OLY 5060 AND the housing. This camera features a much wider lens (27mm), shoots RAW, and has a host of very useful features for both land, and UW shooting including an UW white balance mode. Reviews of the features and examples of images can be found far and wide on professional review sites, as well as by individuals who use, and like the camera. In addition flash and accessory manufactures have a LOT of STUFF availalbe for the OLY that includes such options as TTL flash support, advanced housings by Ikelite, ect....

Other options that I would consider in this type of camera would include the Oly C8080, the New OLY C7070 (that looks to be a VERY nice body, but not out yet), the Canon S70, and any number of camera's made by Nikon, Canon, OLY, Sony, and anything else one can find a housing for.

There is a LOT more to judging a digital camera than just mpix, and for the $600 this Bonica seems to be not such a bargain. If it were $350 with the housing.. well that IMO might be worth considering.

Ron

That actually does not look like a bad camera. You should know that you can get a more standard 5+ megapixel camer and UW case for the same price, eg. Canon A95 for $320 and case for another $160.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom