Bonaire: When to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Our trip planned for last week got messed up so we have to reschedule. We have to windows of time when we can go. We have to choose between mid-July through August or November. I would expect the diving to be roughly the same but what is the weather like in November? I assume July and August are HOT!

Cstreu..Believe it or not, the temps in July & Aug are not that different (yes a bit warmer)than the winter season. However due to the reduction in the trade winds during the summer months no doubt you will "feel" the heat much more. Having said that, I really like it in July & Aug since many times the ocean is like a sheet of glass. Additionally, the sea is about 3 degrees warmer.

We were there last July (and will be again next week) and found the temperatures to be in the mid-80's with the water temperature 80-81. We had light trade winds everyday and found the climate to be very pleasant.

I have been in April, June and July.

Preferred June!

Rainy season is November to February (give or take a few weeks)

Our trip planned for last week got messed up so we have to reschedule. We have to windows of time when we can go. We have to choose between mid-July through August or November. I would expect the diving to be roughly the same but what is the weather like in November? I assume July and August are HOT!

Actually, our low wind time is usually September-October, when we REALLY feel the heat here. If you plan on being in the water and have an air conditioned room, it won't be that bad.

Actually July and August are some of my favorite times on island. Some nice breezes, the weather can be hot, but enjoyable in the evenings. Just plain nice.

November, first half is the best, IMHO, it is a bit cooler than July August (you would be surprised what a few degrees can do, also, the sun is not as "hot" at that time of the year. The second half of November can bring rain, but usually at night and for 15 minutes or so.

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are heat sensitive, definitely November, if not, then you will enjoy Bonaire either timeframe.

Liz

I've stayed on Bonaire in January, March, May, June, July and August with August being my favorite so far. The vis was 100 plus feet and the Island was not as crowded as the more popular months. I really couldn't tell much difference in the temps from my other trips because we were diving so much. Enjoy your trip.

We are usually there in July or Aug, but went in Jan this year. A lot of rain this last trip, but it didn't get in the way of diving (Just made my luggage overweight when it got caught in a downpour at airport!)

Rates are a bit less in the summer too.

Been to Bonaire 7xs. First time was in November and was our favorite time / experience . Have been back now mostly in March and once in May.
March is very busy and it works for us more because of work. I like it quieter and November was great or atleast so we remember. It is the "rainy" season but it rained only early morning and only briefly for the several weeks we were there. Needless to say I think you will be very happy going in November, especially if you like it quieter. I am returning this August for a week on a solo trip, will see than what I think of summer.
I don't remember much about the May trip except we had dolphins go by everyday--way cool and did swim near them as we rushed to jump in when we saw them. We are hoping to get back on a November schedule but again this has more to do with work then necessarily the ideal time to be on Bonaire. But again we did enjoy Bonaire when its more laid back.
enjoy

Best time for Bonaire?

Arrive January 1 and stay until Dec 31. How about that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom