Bonaire Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dustin,

I think you did a great job with this video!! You used a lot of techniques that really enhanced your end product. Use of available light, using sunlight to backlight subjects, not shooting down on many shots. Really impressed with your choice of music and blending the same with beginning of scenes. also, some unusual shots such as the sharptail eel and the barracuda which had darkened its color to hunting/stalking mode. Great job!

Questions: What lighting used? Camera/housing? Music source? and editing software?

Thanks for posting!

Cuda,

Thanks for checking out my video!!! And thank you for all the kind comments. This is my second time doing video, and I have still have a lot to improve on :)

To answer your questions:

Camera:
I used a Canon 5d Mark II in an Ikelite Housing with an 8" Dome. I used the canon 15mm fisheye exclusively on this trip.

Lighting:
No lighting was used. This was all available light. The 5d does a remarkable job with available light, and using manual settings and a custom white balance. I did use a magic filter in about 10% of the video clips. The shot of the Hilma Hooker wreck, was at 100 feet, pretty good that deep. Had to up my ISO a little, and open the aperture a bit. But still turned out ok. I just bought a couple of Sola 4000's, and tri pod. Hoping to give macro video a shot in Lembeh in a week!

Music:
Angels and Airwaves - Saturday Love
Linkin Park - My december
Linking Park - Intro
Gladiator Sountrack - not sure of the artist.

Edited:
Used Adobe Premier 5.5

Thanks for your reply and the informative answers to my questions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom