Bonaire Trip Report March 30 - April 7th (sorry for the delay)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the quick replies, rottie. I do have to second DiverVince, Oil Slick Leap was one of my favorite dives, and the entry is always fun!

1000 Steps is a great dive! There is more to see in shallow water there than almost anywhere. The last dive on our last trip we did 1 hour and 18 minutes because we started out at 45' or so and but when we turned back at half tank we spent the rest of the dive in 20' or less. The volume of "stuff" is incredible!

Oil Slick is also a wonderful dive. One morning we headed north and did an hour dive by going staight out from the leap and heading south. During our SI, the owner of Cactus Blue (very nice restaurant) drove by and asked if we saw the seahorses. We had not so he told us where they had been spotted, in 32' of water about 30 yards north of the leap. We figured "what the heck" so we geared up and did it again, heading north this time. Sure enough, 30-40 yeards north in exactly 32 feet of water was the prettiest 5" red seahorse. Not only did he pose for me to take his picture, he even calmly swam from one piece of soft coral to another. Needless to say we had to go eat at Cactus Blue that night to say thanks and it happened to be their one year anniversary at the restaurant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom